accountrain inc is a full service bookkeeping and accounting company that has been providing bookkeeping, consulting, training and taxes since 1993.
- One time consult
- Ongoing weekly, monthly or quarterly appointments
- Annual review
- Personal, business and corporate tax return services.
Service is also available at our site if you prefer to drop off your shoe box of receipts we can also assist you with this. If you knew the owner Sandy, she would prefer the shoe box also includes a pair of shoes, size 6 ½ please!
“…the bookkeeping aspect of things were so quickly under control that it really became about the people and how they meshed…”. “…they are, bar-none, the most flexible, adaptive, supportive team-oriented external providers we’ve ever worked with. They really feel they are part of our team.” Jodi Fedor of Exuberance Beauty
We provide as needed basis, using manual or computerized accounting software. We can come to your office, using your equipment or our laptops, or we can work from our home office. Your requirements are reviewed, and a bookkeeper is assigned to your account (consistency is best!)
- Data entry on a regular basis or to assist in backlog
- Provide analysis of Balance Sheet items, including investment portfolios, prepaid expenses, inventory, etc.
- Maintain Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
- Prepare unaudited Financial Statements
- Perform all payroll functions including: payroll runs, T4’s and T4 Summary and ROE preparation
- Prepare and analyze budgets
- Design customized spreadsheets to assist with your tracking needs
- Submit government remittances, including: GST (Goods & Service Tax), RST (Retail Sales Tax – Provincial), EHT (Employer Health Tax – formerly OHIP), WSIB (Workers Safety & Insurance Board – formerly WCB), Provincial and Federal tax installments, Source deductions, etc.
- Assist in year-end procedures including working papers to reduce unnecessary use of CA’s valuable time.
accountrain inc can evaluate your existing procedures. Based on our findings, we recommend solutions to streamline the accounting processes and/or update your current computerized system to ensure it is handling your needs for the present and future.
- Assist you in choosing a software package
- Install initial and/or update existing software
- Transfer accounting software systems
- Set-up company information and historical data
- Make recommendations for filing
- Provide guidance in understanding reports.
- T1 Personal Returns including T2125
- T2 Corporate Tax
- Notice to Reader
Training & Tools
We design and deliver individualized modules on any accounting topic. We teach clients accounting basics, follow-up on a regular basis and can assist again at year-end.
- Provide individual training based on your specific needs
- Provide group training on processes and software
- Train staff on regular bookkeeping from basic data entry to year-end working papers (and everything in between)
- Specialize in Sage / Simply Accounting, Quick Books, QBO, Excel, ACCPAC PLUS, and many more computerized accounting packages.
- Design or follow ready-made materials.
- Focus on needs of participants
- Develop strong rapport with participants which encourages participation and eases inquiries
- Provide training in accrual accounting.
accountrain inc is pleased to provide you with some accounting tools and some of our training content. The information is divided into the five areas listed below. Please note these tools are provided for information purposes only.
accountrain inc encourages an accountant to be involved at some stage of your accounting cycle. One of the biggest mistakes we come across is that a professional was not brought in or should have been brought in sooner. Chances are the fees you pay for a consult will be recuperated in some way based on the valuable information you learn. Professional accountants can ensure your policies and procedures are correct, your software is running smoothly and assist in some decisions that may otherwise be non-reversible. Knowing the difference between a CA, CGA & CMA (explained in the definitions) may help in deciding what level of expertise you need to assist you with your specific accounting needs.