Sandy, the owner of accountrain, has been teaching bookkeeping and accounting since 1992 to the Ottawa Board of Education, several local training centers, government departments and private companies. With over 2,000 hours of classroom time, she has been requested to design workshops and has written several manuals for various government departments.
Common feedback has included:
"... she is a great communicator ~ excellent instructor ~ she makes it interesting ~ knows her stuff ~ helpful ~ sincere ..."
...seminars are oriented towards performance and understanding all accounting aspects of our business...
Annie Bourguignon, co-owner of Northwood Country Homes
Others have said:
“The Understanding Financial Statements“ workshop helped me to understand
company financial statements in a clear and uncomplicated way. Well worth the investment. I would recommend it to anyone in business.“
"The informative and interactive format guarantees a comfortable and fun learning environment."
"Workshops focus on your specific needs, your software and your paperwork, which is extremely effective and successful."
Gordon Keith, owner
Accounting Basics – for new & small businesses
A must for new business owners
- Deciding who the players are: accountant, bookkeeper, lawyer, banker, etc.
- Incorporate versus sole proprietor (partnership)
Everything you wanted to know but didn’t know what to ask
- 5 W’s and How! (focus on WHEN!):
- Payroll – CPP, EI, Source deductions
What every business needs to know
- Defining Cash Flow and why it’s important
- Knowing your fixed costs / Breakeven point
Understanding Your Financial Statements A-Z
It’s what you don’t know that will get you in trouble
- There are a lot of reports available using accounting software – what are
the actual financial statements?
- Review the 5 key sections of the Financials
Year-end Prep & New Year Planning – A How to Guide
It’s never too late to get organized
Preparing for year-end:
- What does your tax preparer need?
- Year-end accounting entries
- Capital assets / amortization, accruals, deferred revenue, prepaids
T2125 – Bookkeeping & tax – Tips & trick for the Sole Proprietor
Great for small business – it doesn’t have to be so complicated!
What is it?
- Review the 5 key elements.
- Learn how it easily ties into your annual Income Tax return